Sunday, March 20

Skykus

Flying airtran from Denver to Atlanta, I discovered that all airtran flights have wi-fi, which is great, but not free. You can, however, get free access to twitter through some special thing. Anyway, I posted a few comments on that flight, but on the way from Atlanta to Chicago. I decided the moment called for something more... interesting? Anyway, I wrote a series of haikus through twitter to the world below. So, I give to you "The Twitter Haiku Sequence from 30,000 feet" ...or umm, "Seven Skykus!"

1.
thirty thousand feet
Airtran, what could beat two seats?
one not-broken seat

2.
a long novel begs
but my attention is short
and twitter is #

3.
i'm higher than clouds.
sounds illegal but isn't.
jurisdiction stuff.

4.
what is cooler than
thirty thousand foot haikus?
refrigerators

5.
ode to a brown shirt
not this one, the other, says:
“refrigerator”

6.
just an hour in
and my haiku jokes all end:
refrigerator

7.
battery dying
signing off and thinking “land”
while descent begins

For those that are interested, the landing was one of the worst I've experienced. I hate being a couple hundred feet off the ground for a little too long. It always makes me think something is going on. Looking out the window I keep thinking, we're very close to the ground and non of this looks airport-y. Also, planes should not bank shortly before landing. I think rudders were created for that.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad, Kay :-)

    For those who don't appreciate that one:
    http://www.threadless.com/product/623/Haikus_Are_Easy_But_Sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... and also... I only own two brown shirts and was wearing the other one when I wrote #5. And, weirdly, am wearing it right now.

    ReplyDelete