Sunday, April 17

Kiwi for Thought

I recently decided that buying kiwi as a snack item instead of cookies would be a good idea. There are lots of reasons, but one of them is because it (like fruit in general) is supposed to be better for your brain than cookies. I encourage you to be skeptical of these conclusions because, if for no other reason, you will get to keep eating more cookies.

I've discovered that kiwis are one of the more difficult fruits to judge for ripeness. If it's soft, you know it's ripe, but it might be too ripe. If it's still tough... who knows? My squeezy test is not serving me well. A week ago I had a kiwi that was messy. Well, they're all messy, but this one was too ripe and was thus inordinately and probably maliciously messy. I wish to avoid this in the future.

Today, I tried a much tougher kiwi and carved it for a while until I finally realized it was just too tough to eat and enjoy. This saddened me.

Kiwi,

Why do you have to be so difficult? Can't we get along?

Sincerely,
Garrett

4 comments:

  1. if you can, cut your friendly, squishy-but-not-too kiwi in half and scoop out and eat with a small spoon (like a boiled egg in an eggcup).

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you think about it, though, might that be a little less fun than making a small mess? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you haven't even tried the scoop-with-spoon technique!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Ellen. I'm now wondering if the Kiwi-mess piece was fully honest...

    ReplyDelete